LocationRoyal National Park – approximately 1 hr South of Sydney CBD.
Booking required?Yes – be prepared to book 3+ months in advance during peak periods
CostMin charge $34.00 per site per night (includes up to 2 adults)
Additional adults $17.00pn. Children $8.50pn
Nearest TownBundeena – 5 min drive. Has an IGA supermarket, bottle shop, service station, restaurants, and more.
Pets Allowed?No. Assistance Dogs only.
Things to do
– Swimming/fishing/water sports
– Head to Bundeena, and walk south along the Coastal Walk for stunning views and amazing scenery
– Explore Royal National Park
Bonnievale Campground is one of our favourite places to take the family camping. It is by the beautiful Simpson Bay with its own beach, and the trip there involves a drive through the bushland of the Royal National Park, which makes it really feel like you are getting away from it all. Mobile reception is patchy which is great if you want to disconnect, yet the town of Bundeena is only 5 min drive from the campsite if you need additional supplies.
What to bring:
– Garbage bags to take all your rubbish home
– A suitable water container.